PHD IN COMPUTATIONAL MEDIA AND ARTS (CMA)
- Foundations of Computational Media and Arts
Sample Elective Courses
- Animation Art: From Concept to Production
- Computational Approach to Chinese Calligraphy
- Visual Communication and Expression
- Interactive Storytelling
- 3D Computer Animation
- Interactive Art: Principles and Practice
- Creative Coding; AR/VR/MR/XR: Concepts, Theory and Techniques
- Assistive Technology Design based on Computational Media and Arts
- Machine Learning for Art
- Creative Showcase Projects
- Social Media for Creatives
- Programming for Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality for the Arts
- Computational Techniques for Sketch-based Creativity
- Art-based Research Methodologies
- Deep Learning in Data Science
- Data Exploration and Visualization
Program Learning Outcomes
01Demonstrate superior knowledge and skills in computational media and arts.
02Master a wide range of design and development methodologies and technologies for computational media and arts
03Utilize state-of-the-art technology for artistic creation.
04Demonstrate superior critical thinking, creativity, and eloquent communication skills essential for the discipline.
05Conduct original research independently in the field of computational media and arts.
PhD: 21 credits
Normative Program Duration:
Full-time: 3 years (those with a relevant research master’s degree), 4 years (those without a relevant research master’s degree)